- Startups, entrepreneurs, inventors and innovators that are looking for opportunities to test out their designs and products,
- Individuals looking to determine the extent to which technology can transform the classroom’s potential,
- Those who believe that no child should be denied the opportunity to benefit from the tremendous innovations in education and technology.
Purpose of Partnerships
- Provide partner with highest quality user-test that can help inform their practice, accelerate development and attract educators and investors to beta-technology.
- Give my students access to partner’s technology and its capacity to empower their education and future
- Publish reviews of cutting edge “Teacher Approved Technology” that can help educators redefine the potential of public education
About The User-Test
You can see the user-test of the beta version of Class Dojo, which has been given permission by the company to be made public. This user test can be viewed by going to the “Access Report” page (link located at the top right corner) and clicking the Class Dojo logo.
As an “early-adopter”, I am excited to try out and help refine new products and services before they become widely available. Technologies that demonstrate their ability to improve practice and optimize student outcomes, are deemed “teacher approved technologies” and given the option of having a review published on this site, which details the qualities that earned it the “teacher approved” title.
My teaching practice is evidence based, as would be my feedback, which could reflect the developers own criteria or the differentiated standards of evidence developed for the I3 (Investing in Innovation) grants, which are based on the stage and scale of the innovation’s development.
About Team Captain
My name is Jennie Dougherty and I am the Team Captain of the Beta Classroom Team. I am a high school English teacher and work at one of the largest comprehensive urban high school’s East of the Mississippi. My classroom is filled with young men and women whose daily efforts silence those who doubt their ability to excel. In my class, all students are required to believe in their potential, assume the pursuit of higher education and hold themselves to the greatest of expectations.
If there are any individuals, companies, or investors interested in partnering with this incredible team, please contact me using the form provided on this site. I would love to know what you are working on and help you see it from the teacher’s perspective.